Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bittersweet Spring...

May has kept us quite busy with both sad news and happy events. Three weeks ago, my stepdads mom, a family friends mom and my grandma all passed away within four days of each other. Isobel, my stepfathers mom insisted on a large family dinner instead of a funeral which I thought was so nice. So much more cheerful. For my grandma's funeral we drove down to Cornwall. I had not really seen my Grandma since I was 17 ( at my Grandpa's funeral) as she had Alzheimers and I chose to keep my memories of her intact. When I saw her two weeks ago, all the guilt I had been feeling over the years melted and to me she looked so good. I was successful at keeping her spirit alive in my heart. I always felt so bad for my mom, aunts etc. who would go to see her and come out so upset as she would not know who they were and such. It was so nice to have time with family. I just wish it had been under better circumstances. May all of these women rest in peace. We will all miss them. Also, big props to Winston, our golden retriever who stayed at the Days Inn with us in Cornwall and was so good! Good dog!

No comments: